Saturday, April 11, 2009
I know what your thinking .. a passover cake that doesn`t taste like saw dust ?? Well its true ! Jacques Torres`s Easy FLOURLESS chocolate cake. No flour so this cake is more than passover friendly.
6oz bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
6oz unsweetened chocolate (finely chopped)
6oz butter (softened) about 11/2 sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray 1 10" spring form pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. ( wax paper works just as well)
- Melt finely chopped chocolate over a double boiler
- In a bowl bring sugar and water to a boil until the sugar is dissolved, pour the hot syrup into the melted chocolate, whisk until combined, add butter and mix until combined.
- In a mixer beat eggs and sugar until well blended, gently fold in the chocolate mixture
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and place onto a baking sheet 1 " . Fill sheet with water and submerge cake just so the sides are covered.
- Bake about 40 or until the top is dull colored
Friday, April 3, 2009
2cps whole wheat flour
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 lg bananas mashed
2 lg eggs
1/2 cp maple syrup
1/2 cp light brown sugar
1/3 cp milk
1/4 cp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
- In another larger bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, syrup, brown sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry just until combined .. Lumpy is okay. DO NOT overmix !!
- Bake for about 20 minutes and let rest for 10 minutes.