Friday, March 13, 2009
So i was really hankering for something that was baked and delicious
but did not have a lot of calories, so I came up with these cookies, they are
just regular cookies, however i changed them up to be more health conscience.
Hope You Like Them !
21/4 cp Whole Wheat Flour
1t baking soda
1cp butter or margarine ( softened )
3/4 cp splenda
3/4 cp brown sugar
1cp chocolate chips
- combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add in your flour mixture, stir in your chocolate chips and coconut. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets for about 2 minutes and then move to a wire rack.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Black And White Cupcakes
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 lg egg, at room temperature
1/3 cp plus 1 cp granulated sugar
1 cp miniature choc. chips
11/2 cps AP flour
1/4 cp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cp warm water
1/3 veg. oil
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 12- cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Beat cream cheese , egg, 1/3 cp of sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in choc. chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cp sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center, and add water, oil,vinegar, and vanilla. Mix just until blended.
-Fill each muffin cup one- third full with the choc. batter. Top with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture, until the cups are about two thirds full. Bake 22 to 28 minutes, until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
-Cool in pans for about 1o minutes, move to a wire rack.