Friday, January 16, 2009

Bakery Review !!



Today I was privileged to interview Owner and Baker Thomas Shipley of the new bakery in Bellmore, The Cake Gallery.
After trying a couple of Thomas`s delicious treats and cakes, I thought I might let you guys know how his stuff is. I personally have tried a Blondie, Brownie Cheesecake as well as a Birthday Cake. All three were amazing, The birthday cake had yellow cake, chocolate fudge as the filling and chocolate mousse as the "frosting". I must say I am not that old but in the couple of years of me being involved with baking and pastry I have not tasted anything this good in a long while. His cakes are extremely well priced starting from $10.50 and up.
During the interview I asked a couple of questions about our new Bellmore Baker .. Such as
why Thomas wanted to become a baker. He told me he actually did not want to become a baker at first, he wanted to be a gym teacher, or a rock star, but he always went back to baking because he was good at it. Although he did not get any formal baking and pastry training Thomas worked at Riesterer`s Bakery in West Hempstead for many years where he obtained much knowledge about his profession. He also taught at The Culinary Institute Of America, for those of you who don`t know what that is, it is pretty much the Harvard of Culinary Schools.
Thomas went on to tell me that one of his favorite cakes he has ever made was his very own wedding cake, as well as his daughters 1st birthday cake.
The Cake Gallery is a great addition to our town and i suggest everyone go to try it.

Phone number - (516)809-7131
Hours Of Operation - Mon.-Sat. 8-7 Sun. 8-4
Website - www.thecakegalleryny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment